London Pavilion, 1 Piccadilly Circus, London W1J 0DA. Nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus, exit 4/ Shaftesbury Avenue exit.
Over 47 million people worldwide, including young children, have visited the BODY WORLDS exhibitions. The minimum age we recommend for children is 6 years old, but we welcome children of all ages every day. BODY WORLDS recommend you to prepare your children for what they will see, so they understand what to expect during the exhibition.
- BODY WORLDS is a beautiful exhibition where you can take a look inside your own body. You learn everything about our own anatomy and health. It offers you a unique chance to get a better understanding of your own body.
- The exhibition consists of more than 200 anatomical specimens of real human bodies, which are preserved by Dr Gunther von Hagens 'plastination technique'.
- 'Plastinating' is a technique where body fluids are replaced by a sort of silicone rubber. The bodies are dry, odourless and will last longer than Egyptian mummies!
- The skin has been removed from the 'plastinates', so all bones, muscles, nerves, veins and organs are revealed and visible.
- All the bodies that are used in the exhibition are donated by people who in life decided to donate their body to BODY WORLDS for educational purposes. Long after they have passed away, their bodies will teach you everything there is to know about the human anatomy.
- The 'Plastinates' are standing in a large variety of active positions. This is to show you which muscles and body parts you use when you for instance jump or dance or play tennis.
- You can see the influence the choices you make have on your body. How smoking effects your lungs for instance, or how an artificial knee or hip fits in your body.
- Besides anatomy, the exhibition teaches you about the lifestyle choices that you make and the effects on your body.
For families there is a special discounted Family Ticket available. This ticket is valid for 4 persons (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children). Children up to 5 years of age receive free entrance to the exhibition.
Book your visit in advance online to receive a discount.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
On-site parking isn’t available. The nearest car park is NCP on Brewer Street (height restriction 1.7m). The nearest coach park is Horeseferry Road (SW1P) available Monday - Friday. For further information please visit www.westminster.gov.uk
There is not an on-site café and eating isn’t permitted within the exhibition, however BODY WORLDS London is in the heart of the city so should you wish to eat locally there is a huge array of restaurants surrounding the venue.
No bags - excluding small hand bags (30cmx30cm) - are allowed in the exhibition. There are on-site paid locker facilities if required.
Toilets can be found on level 4 once within the exhibition. There are baby changing facilities on level 4.
BODY WORLDS London is fully accessible. We offer 1 free carer with every 1 disabled visitor. For any special assistance please let our welcome team know upon arrival
No flash photography is permitted within the exhibition.
Find inspiration in our incredible range at the BODY WORLDS London shop. Here you will find unique gifts from homeware to stationery, clothing and games. The range has been designed and styled around the exhibition with health and body in mind.
You will also be able to explore and answer the questions you have on the human body with our range of books, available for all ages. Or treat yourself to a piece of our quirky handmade jewellery, with many pieces made exclusively for BODY WORLDS London.
From the many products on offer, you are sure to find the perfect souvenir.
THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN EXAMINATION OF THE HUMAN BODY. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEE IT AGAIN. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND SUCH WONDERFUL MOMENTS.– Tina Turner